I can 100% repro this bug by adding the following line into my vimrc.

autocmd VimEnter,BufNew,BufEnter,BufWritePost,VimResized * redraw

The repro step:
1. open NERDTree
2. create multiple tabs.
3. switch tabs which contains NERDTree windows to other window.
4. If not crash, switch several times.

my environment: windows 7 amd64, my gvim is 32bits.

Thanks,
-Mike Guo