Dear all,

I'm a user of the GNU Octave programming language (http://www.gnu.org/
software/octave/). It's known as a free alternative to MATLAB. In
fact, almost all the syntax of the later is supported by Octave,
except the classdef syntax.

Actually, VIM hasn't a filetype for Octave and we have to use the
matlab filetype which not recognizes many Octave keywords. There is a
syntax and OMNIFUNC file for Octave, maintained by an Octave
developer: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3600. It's
pretty complete.

How could we solve this? It would be straightforward to just create a
new filetype for octave and make both filetypes (octave,matlab) use
the same syntax file (octave.vim)? Maybe experienced VIM developers
could gather the best of the two to make a great syntax file? Sadly, i
have no enough experience with VIM plugins and filetype detection to
help solve this by myself.

I appreciate any help,
Júlio.