Steps to reproduce:
curl https://raw.github.com/gist/2795766/heredoc.sh | vim -

Version:
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Jun 24 2011 20:00:09)
Compiled by r...@apple.com

For your convenience I've included the syntax file in the gist:
https://gist.github.com/2795766#L334

Am I missing something here? It seems to me that the Here String implementation
on lines 334-338 does not work in any circumstance.

I have tried applying the concept found in the zsh patch found here
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_dev/JBhVaTYbK9k/discussion but I could
not get it to work.

I have to admit that I have never had much success at vim syntax editing.

Please advise.