Everything in the codebase looks OK to me. win_T is a Vim structure, and
has a w_width member when huge features are enabled. All the appropriate
header files are installed. Ruby builds fine for me (and others) on
other platforms.

Have you applied any patches at all?

If not, my best guess is that something very strange has gone on with
header files on your system, or you have hit a compiler bug.

Did you run make inside or outside the 'src' directory? If outside, try
running it inside; it might work better.

I'm fascinated, so I might see if I can download and install Arch Linux
and reproduce the problem. It is very strange.

Ben.