On 2012-09-02, ZyX wrote:
> > I meant only that the statement of preference for context diffs was
> > not outdated.  I assumed that if Bram had changed his preference, he
> > would have updated the help entry.
> >
> > Using Mercurial does not preclude the use of context diffs.  I have
> >
> > the following in my ~/.hgrc,
> >
> >     [extdiff]
> >     cmd.cdiff = diff
> >     opts.cdiff = -c
> >
> > and use 'hg cdiff' when generating patches for Vim.
>
> I know. Can’t say anything for Bram, but for me context diffs are harder to
> read.
>
> And, besides, you need some configuration (should not it be “-cr”
> in place of “-c”?). Why bothering if unified diffs are normally
> accepted, easier to read, faster created, and do not require
> configuration?

I doesn't really matter what is easier for you or me; what matters
is what is preferred by the person receiving the diffs and doing the
work to check and integrate the changes, but Bram has already
replied to that issue.

As for "-cr", no, I don't think you want to add the -r.  Mercurial
takes care of selecting the files to diff and just needs to be told
the tool to use to diff each one.

Regards,
Gary