Simon Ruderich wrote:

[...]

> > There is a patch pending which fixes those alignment issues among other
> > problems (whether Vim uses conceal feature or not).
>
> Thanks for pointing me to this patch. It fixes a few tab related
> issues I just noticed (and tried to fix - you saved me some time,
> thanks).

Which patch is that, who sent it?

> > The proposed patch has been available for a long time by the way
> > without having been integrated in the official Mercurial repository.
> > I understand that tests were requested for it, but I don't really see
> > how it's possible to test it. Any chance to get it integrated anyway?
> > I've been using it for a long time without problem.
>
> I'd really like to get it integrated too, it fixed the issues I
> was seeing.
>
> It took me a while, but I created a testcase which checks the
> output of Vim running with TERM=builting_dumb and it works fine
> for me, but better solutions are welcome.
>
> I'm not sure what's the best way to include it in Vim's testsuite
> because, please help me with that part. At the moment I just
> added it as test88.sh (see the patch) and updated the Makefile to
> run it.

This doesn't look like a nice solution.  We could add something in Vim
to report the screen position of the cursor.  Perhaps with a function.
The test could use that to check where the cursor really is.

--
Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it.