On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:35:59AM -0700, Ben Fritz wrote:

> What version of Vim are you using? There was a long filenames crash fixed
> recently (7.3.648), but for systems other than just Unix:

I saw that fix, but since it didn't touch the same area as my patch, I
assumed it solved a different problem.  (We first saw the problem reported
on 7.2.308, but the problem continued to reproduce into 7.3; I've been
applying the patch cleanly since 7.3.515.)

And 7.3.648 doesn't fix this problem, anyway (just rebuilt without my patch
and checked).

Thanks,
Danek