On 22/10/12 02:27, Cesar Romani wrote:
I'm building vim on windows 7.
By updating from 692 to 709 I got the following problem:
If I open 'gvim -N -u NONE file' and I type something, say foo, and if I
want to change a character, say f, to n using r in normal mode, it
doesn't work. I always get the same character.

Many thanks in advance,

According to his User-Agent string, Cesar is on Windows (and probably 32-bit). I see the same problem on 64-bit Linux in gvim 7.3.709 with GTK2-GNOME GUI.

The problem is also present with any of
        gvim -u /usr/local/share/vim/vim73/vimrc_example.vim
(started with the example vimrc instead of mine or of none)
        gvim
(started normally with my usual vimrc)
        vim
(the same executable, in console mode with my usual vimrc)

but the bug depends on *what* I try to replace by. Replacing by N (0x4E) or n (0x6E) doesn't work. Everything else I tried works, including . (dot, 0x2E) or î (i-circumflex, 0xEE).

The sound beep doesn't work really well on this computer, but my usual vimrc sets 'visualbell' and trying to use r to replace something by n or N triggers the visual bell when in GUI mode.

If a keymap is in use ('iminsert' set to 1) and the current keymap replaces n by something else (cyrillic "en", н, in my experiment), then rn replaces by н as expected. But toggle 'imi' to zero (disabling the keymap) and rn (in the same buffer) again gives a visual beep and doesn't replace. If the keymap does not remap the letter n (for instance the "accents" keymap) then rn doesn't work even with 'imi' set to 1. And if I define ":lmap z n" then, with keymaps enabled, rz gives a visual beep and does not replace by the expected n.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Finding out what goes on in the C.I.A. is like performing acupuncture
on a rock.