On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:48:51 AM UTC-5, Axel wrote:
> Following Tony's approach I tried to verify the behavior with Cream's 7.3.709
> but I couldn't; gvim.exe behaves correctly. The Cream version however is a
> 32-bit application, where mine is a 64-bit version compiled with MinGW.

Since you're compiling yourself, Mercurial actually automates Tony's approach
with it's "bisect" feature. I assume you're using Mercurial to get the Vim
source?

See:

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/hg.1.html#bisect
http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/hgbook/1.6/finding-and-fixing-mistakes.html#sec:undo:bisect

(I expected the second link to show how to do it graphically in TortoiseHg but
I was mistaken; it looks to be a good read whether you use the command-line or
Tortoise tools).