Bram Moolenaar wrote:
>> Bram: Do you want me to remove the "Other Vim patches"
>> section from [1] (and email you when done)? I don't think the
>> list was established elsewhere, so it needs to be removed?
>
> I thought we copied the patches to somewhere...
>
> If we don't have this list somewhere I think we should delete
> that section.  Let me know if you have an update for the file.

You and I exchanged a couple of emails in April 2011 around the
time the Google Groups page with the patches was closed down.
I suggested putting the patch list on the Vim Tips wiki (which is
maintained so junk edits are removed, and which would allow
people to update the information without requiring a vim.org
manager to edit the html at vim.org). You did not seem to favour
that idea, and said that we should add any information that was
on the removed pages to vim.org, unless it's already there.
I'm not aware of anything being done at vim.org.

The chain of links a reader of the mailing list might follow is:

At the first of these, "About this group" goes to the second:
http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use
http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/about

Which says "See http://www.vim.org/maillist.php for information
on this group".

The sidebar download link on each vim.org page goes to:
http://www.vim.org/download.php

"Patches Include the latest improvements" has link to:
http://www.vim.org/patches.php

That page has a section on "Other Vim patches" with a link to
the vim_dev page that no longer exists.

Please say what you prefer now:

1. Put the patch list on the wiki; link to that from
   vim.org/patches.php

2. Replace the "Other Vim patches" section at
   vim.org/patches.php with the list of patches.

3. Put the patch list on some other vim.org page such as
   vim.org/unofficial.php
   Link to that from vim.org/patches.php

I'll do any of the above, or something else, if wanted (and
would post an update here, and directly email Bram if he does
not notice the post).

John