Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 94 by shlo...@gmail.com: Better support is needed for DocBook 5 in filetype.vim and filetype/docbk.vim

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Try opening a DocBook/XML 5 file such as https://bitbucket.org/shlomif/shlomi-fish-homepage/src/d3f1e09a1269d87d84d5941398bfa8c6030820af/lib/docbook/5/xml/human-hacking-field-guide-v2.xml?at=default using "vim human*.xml" or "gvim human*.xml".
2. "set ft?" will indicate it as xml instead of as docbk.
3. After doing "set ft=docbk" some of the tags won't be highlighted.

I'm using git from vim-hg on Linux.

The problem is that DocBook/XML 5 did away with the DOCTYPE and are instead using namespaces. The attached file fixes part of the problem, but I've delayed working out the difference in tags between DocBook 4 and DocBook 5 for later on.

I am going to work on it on this branch:

https://code.google.com/r/shlomif-changes/source/list?name=shlomif_docbook5_support

Best regards,

-- Shlomi Fish

Attachments: