Comment #2 on issue 11 by christia...@gmail.com: VIM shell extension added LANG environment variable to explorer.exe

Looking at the current code, I don't see how this would be fixed.

The patch apparently touches code that is responsible for launching gvim.exe, but LANG= is injected into explorer.exe already at this point. LANG= will leak into ALL OTHER processes started by Explorer, which also hosts the Start Menu, therefore the LANG set by the Vim Shell Extension is very likely to leak into ALL OTHER processes started by the user.

The environment of the calling process (which can be a random process hosting a Common Controls Dialog or a shell view or something else) is never safe to modify.

Please consider not setting LANG= at all.

(I could not test patch 276 as I do not have a vim build environment here and the prebuilt binary is patch level 46.)