On Wed, 8 May 2013, Suresh Govindachar wrote:

What are these "extras" Christian is referring to?

Mostly it's just been a case of occasionally seeing a new Python→Vim integration feature added and I have thought, "Oh, I wish the Python→Perl interface had that too. Oh well."

Among them, I believe it's easier to access and modify Vim data (options, variables, buffers, etc.) through objects in Python than it is in Perl, where it mostly has to be done with special, more limited function calls.

I wasn't expecting Bram's...overly blunt response to my almost wistful request, especially since I was suggesting that in the admittedly unlikely event that someone _else_ created a patch, I hoped Bram would accept it.

- Christian

--
                        Handkerchief:  Cold Storage.
Christian J. Robinson <hept...@gmail.com>      http://christianrobinson.name/