On 14 May 2013, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:
> Here is an updated patch, containing setlocstack()/setqfstack() function
> and which also includes the title list suggestion. For some reason, the
> stack returned by getqfstack()/getlocstack() looks a little bit weird:
>
> Here an example for an empty stack:
> {'entry6': [{}], 'entry7': [{}], 'entry8': [{}], 'entry9': [{}],
> 'title': ['', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', ''], 'cur': 0, 'entry0':
> [{}], 'entry1': [{}], 'entry2': [{}], 'entry3': [{}], 'entry4': [{}],
> 'entry5': [{}]}
>
> (Note, that there are entry6, entry7, entry8, entry9, then comes the
> title list and current item and finally there are the remaining entry0
> till entry5 items).
>
> I am not sure, what causes this. But other then that, it seems to work.
[...]

    I'm the guy who (inadvertently) started this, related to a bug in
the syntastic plugin.  If you're curious about the initial discussion:
https://github.com/scrooloose/syntastic/issues/637

    Here is my take on the matter:

(1) getqfstack() / getlocstack() should simply return a list of
    loclists;
(2) there should be a separate function for getting (and perhaps another
    one for setting) the stack pointer in these lists, namely a number
    in range 0 .. len(list)-1;
(3) "title" should be an attribute of the individual loclists;
(4) there should be separate functions for getting and setting the title
    for a given loclist;
(5) I'm not sure setqfstack() / setlocstack() would be all that useful;
    instead, I'd rather see lifted (or perhaps made configurable) the
    limit of 10 loclists per stack.

    Best regards,

    /lcd