Hi Ben,

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, June 2, 2013 1:28:05 PM UTC-5, yega...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am attaching a patch to add the :cdo and :ldo commands. The :cdo command
>>
>> can be used to execute commands over all the buffers in the quickfix list.
>>
>> The :ldo command can be used to execute commands over all the buffers in
>>
>> the location list. These are similar to the existing :bufdo, :windo and
>> :tabdo
>>
>> commands.
>>

> I like this idea very much, it saves me from recording a macro that applies a
> change and does :cnfile and repeating it multiple times.

Good to know that this addition will optimize your workflow. I came across a
request for this command in the following page:

http://vimcasts.org/episodes/project-wide-find-and-replace/

If more people express interest in this feature, then the probability
of this getting
included in Vim is high.

- Yegappan