I'm trying to compile Vim as a normal user, with python support, on a Solaris
machine at work. I have NO sudo access, and am trying to use a python I built
myself (the Python version on the server is 2.2, and IT will NOT change it).

Here is the configure command I used:

./configure --with-features=huge --enable-pythoninterp
--with-python-config-dir=/rfs/proj/cs_ifis_projects/Tools/Python/current/lib/python2.7/config
 > config.log

Everything seems to go OK at first, it finds Python alright anyway, but then
disables python anyway:

checking --enable-pythoninterp argument... yes
checking for python2...
/rfs/proj/cs_ifis_projects/Tools/Python/current/bin/python2
checking Python version... 2.7
checking Python is 1.4 or better... yep
checking Python's install prefix...
/rfs/proj/cs_ifis_projects/Tools/Python/current
checking Python's execution prefix...
/rfs/proj/cs_ifis_projects/Tools/Python/current
checking Python's configuration directory... (cached)
/rfs/proj/cs_ifis_projects/Tools/Python/current/lib/python2.7/config
checking if -pthread should be used... yes
checking if compile and link flags for Python are sane... no: PYTHON DISABLED

Any hints on how to get this working?