Hey all,

I'm running into a weird issue with rendering the statusline in my plugin
vim-airline.  I created a minimal vimrc gist here
(https://gist.github.com/bling/7d26e6c63ba0207e657f) that illustrates the
problem.

It appears that if lazyredraw is on, then highlight commands are executed
immediately and rendered to the user.  If lazyredraw is off (the default), the
highlight command is executed (as shown with the echos), but will not update
the statusline until the user enters another key.

It seems counter-intuitive to me because it would seem that the symptoms I'm
seeing should be reversed (i.e. having lazyredraw ON should result in what i'm
seeing, not the other way around).

If anyone has any ideas why/how lazyredraw affects rendering it'd be greatly
appreciated, as I'd like to fix my plugin to be able to support with and
without lazyredraw.

Thanks!