On 08/07/13 20:59, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

Ken Takata wrote:

Copyright year in vim.rc (and vim16.rc) seems old.
I think it's better to move to version.h.
Please check the attached patch.

Actually, I have been told that only the first year matters.
So we can just keep 1996.

Note that under current international legislation, no © statement is required anymore; all original literary works (including program sources) are automatically protected until 50 years (in the European Union, 70 years) starting at 00:00 hours on the 1st of January following the author's death (and, for collective works, the death of the last known author). I'm not sure if it's 00:00 UTC or 00:00 local time. Bram is a Dutchman, and there are other authors for at least some parts of the work, but local laws apply wherever you make a copy.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
The intelligence of any discussion diminishes with the square of the
number of participants.