On 15/07/2013 22:19, Andre Sihera wrote:

Actually, come to think of it, the best logical place to start looking
would be at
any window size or decoration calculations that *don't* use
GetSystemMetrics().

Cheers,

Thanks for all the pointers I have received. I hope to be able to start looking at it later on today.

Andre.

Hi,

I haven't taken a look at the VIM code, but a logical place to start
looking might be
for any window size or decoration calculation code that calls the
GetSystemMetrics()
function with any of:

- SM_CXBORDER
- SM_CYBORDER
- SM_CXEDGE
- SM_CYEDGE
- SM_CXVSCROLL
- SM_CYHSCROLL

With each new version of Visual Studio, the default version number of
the Platform
SDK (a.k.a Windows SDK) which is set via the variables WINVER and
_WIN32_WINNT
is increased to reflect the newest UI rendering rules. This means that
if you haven't
been ultra-strict in your calculations of window sizes and system
controls the UIs will
look broken on all versions of Windows released prior to version of VS
that is being
used.

Cheers,

Andre.