On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:16:39 AM UTC+2, studog wrote:
> On Friday, July 19, 2013 6:14:18 PM UTC-4, Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:
> > On 07/18/2013 08:15 PM, studog wrote:
> > > I'd like to update the regex so it's accurate,
>
> > Why exactly do you want to change the regexp?
>
> It's not accurate.

I think accuracy is not the right reason for changing the code which have no
complaints for 7 years. Especially when this change will make maintenance
harder. So if accuracy is the only reason it's better to not touch this code.

> >                                               If I recall correctly it
> > was simplified precisely because the delimiter text was changed.
> > Probably it can be changed to something like ^--[^-]\+--$ but I really
> > don't think that all the possible delimiter texts that SVN have ever had
> > should be added.
>
> I think that's exactly what should happen. I saw in passing just now that the
> diff syntax file is doing the same thing.

I don't think diff.vim is the correct comparison. In the diff output there are
no any special formats for information messages so all the needed messages
should be added as patterns. But in version control systems there are almost
always some special formats for commit descriptions. For example for Svn
there's "--A Message--" delimiter and Git uses # to comment out all unrelated
to the commit message text.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev