On Tue, 6 Aug 2013, Ben Fritz wrote:

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:21:02 AM UTC-5, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
On Tue, 6 Aug 2013, Dimitar DIMITROV wrote:

Hi all,

If you open the latest vim (vim -nNX -u NONE) and insert these lines:

.jpg  01;35
.jpeg 01;35
.gif  01;35
.bmp  01;35
.pbm  01;35
.pgm  01;35
.ppm  01;35

With no filetype, a paragraph is defined by the 'paragraphs' setting. The '.pp' beginning the above line is treated as one of the `nroff` macros that typically starts a paragraph.

Am I missing something? To my knowledge even WITH a filetype, a paragraph is defined by the 'paragraphs' setting.

Touché. You're right. I always assumed something else took over, seeing as how selecting paragraphs in other filetypes ever does something useful.

At :help paragraph, I see also "A paragraph begins after each empty line, and also at each of a set of paragraph macros" (The ones in the 'paragraphs' setting.) So, everywhere else it works for me, it's really just using the blank lines.

--
Best,
Ben H