Dimitar Dimitrov wrote:

> >> As per the subject :)
> >>

> >Verified that . has no
> effect after a gUgn that capitalized a match for the last search, on
> 7.3.822 Windows, and also 7.4b.14 on Solaris.
>
> Doesn't work for g~ either (or ~ with 'top set). Haven't checked the others

Using "." in Visual mode is not supported.  I suppose it could be added,
when the last command was operating on an area or movement, it could
operate on the current Visual selection.

60. As your car crashes through the guardrail on a mountain road, your first
    instinct is to search for the "back" button.