Hi list,

If I :set encoding=utf-8, then the file name completion with Chinese charactors doesn't work.

I use utf-8 instead of the default encoding (cp936) on windows, the reason is that, encoding utf-8 can distinguish Chinese punctuations in word motions.

  Platform: Windows XP.
  Affected version of vim: all versions

  How to produce:
    1. set encoding=utf-8 in vimrc, then restart vim.
    2. creat a new file with Chinese name:
       :call mkdir("c:/中文名/中文名2")
2. At a vim buffer, insert text: c:/中, then try to complete it with <C-x><C-f>, completion will say: Pattern not found. However, c:/<C-x><C-f> work.

--
Regards,
WU Yue

State Key laboratory of Natural Products and Functions
Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
China Pharmaceutical University
No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China