On Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:15:37 PM UTC-7, Ben Fritz wrote:
> On Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:29:11 PM UTC-5, kans wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the help.  Intervals are no longer run if they error of any sort
> > (apart from a user interrupt which will likely happen accidentally).
>
> So, if I install a plugin using this feature, and some weird sequence of
> events puts it into an infinite loop, I just need to kill Vim and lose my
> work?
>
> I really, really want a way to force all timers to stop firing. Maybe not
> CTRL-C but SOMETHING should be possible for the user to kill misbehaving
> periodic tasks.

Ben,

Ctrl-C will kill a given task, but it won't cancel future timeouts (if it was
an interval).  Ctrl-C can't do that or else it would happen accidentally since
the end user should never notice timers firing to begin with.  I'm open to
suggestions, but you are asking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist
in any other text editor or IDE.

-Matt