Ken Takata wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sometimes (maybe when scrolling occurs) undo messages like
> "2 fewer lines: before #79  7 seconds ago" are not shown.
> (Vim 7.4.041 on Windows, 7.3.429 on Linux)
>
> E.g.
>
> 1. $ gvim -N -u NONE -U NONE
> 2. Input a line: `ifoo<CR><Esc>`.
> 3. Repeat it more than 25 times (= more than the screen lines) using `.`.
> 4. Go to the first line using `gg`, then undo by using `u`.
>    Undo message will not be shown.
> 5. Repeat `ggu` several times.
>    Undo message will be shown if the file lines becomes fewer than the screen
>    lines.
>
> Attached patch seems to fix this, but I'm not sure this is the best way.

No, this forces a redraw of the whole screen.  It works because instead
of deleting lines, which causes the message to scroll up and be cleared,
it overwrites the screen.

It's better to find a way to fill keep_msg.  Unfortunately there is no
asy way to call smsg() and have msg_attr_keep() called with "keep" set
to TRUE.  A global variable would be the easyest, but it's ugly.

--
Not too long ago, cut and paste was done with scissors and glue...