On Wed, November 6, 2013 22:54, Leonard Ehrenfried wrote:
> I really hope I don't hurt anyones's feeling by saying that the current
> vim.org website looks a little bit dated. I also happen to think that it
> doesn't do a very good job of explaining what vim is and how to install
> it. Lastly, it doesn't give you any hints on how to effectively manage
> your plugins with tools like pathogen and/or vundle.
>
> I would like to change this and I was wondering if there is any sort of
> appetite for updating the website? I would volunteer to implement/lead
> this effort.

Personally, I'd really prefer an update to the design of that
website. And others have expressed a similar wish [1], [2] and
it could possibly include a new logo, if we settle on a new one [3]

But the problem seems to be on the infrastructure side, e.g.
who get's access to the page source and can make changes. IIRC,
Bram wasn't willing to have the webpage source available to the public.

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_use/lLp9EUVfbus
[2] http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim.org_relaunch
[3] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_use/61DSyLWFeak

regards,