On 13/11/13 04:07, Patrick Brisbin wrote:
Thank you very much for your thorough response.

My pleasure.
[...]
Thank you for those resources. I believe I'm well capable of compiling my own
software; I just usually prefer not to. As far as I can tell, nothing between
86 and 91 looks like it may fix this, though I will compile and test 91 as soon
as I get a chance.

Before you do: I notice that there is a "system vimrc" on your system, or rather two of them: /etc/vimrc and /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/archlinux.vim — IIUC, the -u command-line argument also skips these, so that's one more place to check for a possible culprit. If they are, using an own-compiled Vim with default settings would check /usr/local/share/vim/vimrc instead, and find of course nothing, so if the problem is there it would rid you of it.

[...]

As you can see in the previously attached bugreport.txt, vim has a value
of ^[[>c for t_RV. I've also confirmed that the output of ":set termcap"
shows the same.

Ah, yes, I should have checked that attachment in more detail than I did. And on second thought, if you get that ^[[2;2R display at every BufEnter it cannot be the termresponse string, which Vim receives only once per session.

Since your "problematic" BufEnter invokes a subshell (bash or similar called by Vim) I think the options with names starting with "shell" should be attentively scrutinized. Let's see what you have:
  shell=/bin/zsh
  shellcmdflag=-c
  shellpipe=2>&1| tee
  shellquote=
  shellredir=>%s 2>&1           not the Vim default when 'shell' is zsh
  shelltemp
  shellxquote=
  shellxescape=

Nothing seems glaringly suspect to me, but then again, I don't know zsh very well — my default shell is bash.

OK, another possibility: BufEnter autocommands. I'm not considering those which are about file type detection, but there are a few which puzzle me:

CtrlPMRUF  BufEnter
    *         cal s:record(expand('<abuf>', 1))
BufEnter
    *         call s:RegenerateCtags()
railsPluginDetect  BufEnter
* if exists("b:rails_root")|silent doau User BufEnterRails|endif
FileExplorer  BufEnter
    *         sil! call s:LocalBrowse(expand("<amatch>"))

Ah, that last one (FileExplorer) I've also got; I suppose it must be from the netrw plugin. But the others aren't familiar to me.

Thanks again,
Pat

Best regards,
Tony.
43. You tell the kids they can't use the computer because "Daddy's got work to
    do" and you don't even have a job.