On Wed, November 13, 2013 01:48, Alexander Shukaev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to report a bug which I found quite some time ago, but lately it
> became particularly annoying as one of my plugins depends on the bugged
> functionality.
>
> I don't know if it's present on other platforms, but it is definitely
> present on Windows (GUI version, of course). To reproduce, do the
> following:
>
> 1. Create a stack of windows, i.e. there can be as many windows as you
> like, but there should be only horizontal splits (aka `:sp`);
> 2. Remember the position of Vim's main window now (upper-left corner);
> 3. Perform snapping: drag Vim's main window to left or right edge so that
> it "snaps", i.e. covers half of the screen;
> 4. In any of the windows in Vim perform `:wincmd H`;
> 5. Notice how Vim's main window instantly jumps to the previous position
> before snapping (the one you should have remembered); pretty annoying,
> isn't it?
>
> There are other ways to reproduce it, and all of them result in this bug.
> For example:
>
> 1. Have your Vim with just one window opened inside;
> 2. Snap;
> 3. Perform `:vsp`;
> 4. Boom, t:he jump happens again.
>
> NOTE: If you'd do `:sp` instead, everything would be smooth, no buggy
> jumps. So I suspect that this issue is especially related to "vertical"
> actions.
>
> Hopefully, this is fixable. Regards.

I am pretty sure, I have read several bug reports about this behaviour
before, but can't find them currently. If I remember correctly, this is
caused by adding a scrollbar, which causes Vim to resize.

Can you see, if this helps?
:set guioptions-=L

I think this was also discussed here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vim_dev/xRdOvRDM3-Y/Ej-vJ0dWzPoJ
But not sure, whether this patch fixes it or has even been included
(which means, we would need another patch, since that one did not
fix that particular behaviour).

Perhaps Yukihiro Nakadaira can say more about this (CC'ed).

Best,
Christian