Jorge Solis wrote:
if I knew how to fix it, I would do it but my knowledge of vim programming are not too pro

2013/11/13 Jorge Solis <m...@jorgesolis.be <mailto:m...@jorgesolis.be>>

    Hi Mr Campbell.

    It continued to happen with your vba file.

    The loss of line position is not a problem in the new tab but in
    the netrw tab... I meen if you hava a large list of files, maybe
    you want to open 2 in tabs but after open the first one you lose
    the line when come back in the netrw tab. that's really bored.

    Sorry for my english,

    Hava a nice day, regards from Belgium.

    2013/11/9 Charles E Campbell <drc...@campbellfamily.biz
    <mailto:drc...@campbellfamily.biz>>

    > Hello!
    >
    > I didn't see this for awhile as the subject didn't mention
    netrw. Anyway, please try the attached netrw, v150j.

    > What I saw: etrw+tree mode did retain line position when t was
    used to select a file.  It did not do so in the new tab page when
    t was applied to a directory; that latter problem is what I
    addressed in the attached copy of netrw.

    > Regards,
    > Charles Campbell

Would you please provide an exact sequence of steps that evokes this problem.

I've tried:

vim -u NONE -N -c 'runtime plugin/netrwPlugin.vim' -c "let g:netrw_liststyle= 3" .
  :let g:netrw_liststyle= 3
  :e .
   (move cursor to a directory name)
   :tabn  (cursor is where it had been)
    :tabn (cursor is where it had been)

vim -u NONE -N -c 'runtime plugin/netrwPlugin.vim' -c "let g:netrw_liststyle= 3" .
  :let g:netrw_liststyle= 3
  :e .
  (move cursor to a file name)