On 2013-12-30, Charles Campbell wrote:
> Gary Johnson wrote:
> >On 2013-12-30, Charles Campbell wrote:

> >>Please run the internal debugger (:he netrw-debug) and send me a
> >>trace.
> >I will try to get that later today.
> >
> I'll take a look when you get the trace.  That entire sequence of
> commands worked for me.  However, I'm using netrw v150n (its almost
> the same as v150m; it simply has an extra problem detection with a
> warning that should not affect this).

Interesting results.

I tried to load only the relevant plugins, so I executed vim like
this (all on one line):

$ vim -N -u NONE --cmd 'set rtp=~/.vim/netrw' --cmd 'so
~/.vim/plugin/cecutil.vim' --cmd 'so ~/.vim/plugin/Decho.vim' --cmd
'runtime plugin/netrwPlugin.vim' /usr/share

Note that for this experiment I used my personal copy of netrw so
that I wouldn't have to edit the $VIMRUNTIME copy.  That version is
netrw v150f.  I keep my personal copy in ~/.vim/netrw and that
directory added to 'rtp' so that I can more easily manage the files
and exclude all of them when using an old vim that the latest netrw
doesn't support.

The interesting thing is that when I ran that command in my home
directory, where netrw fails to display the /usr/share directory,
no separate tab was created.  This turned out to be because
netrw.vim wasn't even loaded, as shown by :scriptnames:

  1: ~/.vim/plugin/cecutil.vim
  2: ~/.vim/plugin/Decho.vim
  3: ~/.vim/netrw/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim

I see now that netrw.vim was not loaded when my
"vim -N -u NORC /usr/share" experiments failed as well.

I then disabled Decho in netrw.vim and enabled it in
.vim/netrw/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim instead.  I've attached the DBG
file that resulted from the first command above.

When looking at DBG, note that my ~/.vim is a symlink to
~/Dropbox/vimfiles.

HTH,
Gary