Thiago Padilha <tpadilh...@gmail.com>:
> This patch implements a simple but efficient form of job-control for
> vimscript,
> enabling vim to cooperate with long-running processes without blocking the UI.
>
> It is my second attempt to bring multitasking to vim, but unlike the
> event-loop/message queue patch, this one does not rely on multithreading,
> using only system functions available on most unixes. If required, it
> could also be
> ported to windows(I think it has a concept called IOCP which provides a
> replacement to the 'select' system call).

This sounds great, I hope this approach will finally make it into Vim.
Bram, what do you think about it? It sounds like it has all of the
advantages without the disadvantages (except for the currently missing
Windows support). Merging this will make a whole lot of plugins much
simpler and allow for things not possible yet.

Jan

--
-[ OpenPGP key ID: 00A0FD5F ]-
Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.