On May 16, 2014 12:29 PM, "Alex Efros" <power...@powerman.name> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 03:27:40PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > > My guess right solution should be
> > >     fun s:Foo()
> > >     endfun
> > >     let g:Foo = function('s:Foo')
> > > but I'm not 100% sure.
> >
> > That should be the right way.  The more things are script-local the
> > better.  But check that it actually works.
>
> User of my plugin just reported this doesn't work on vim-7.3.
> I've checked, and looks like 7.3.1214 works ok, but on 7.3.762 it fails.
> In 7.3.762 function('s:Foo') return 's:Foo' instead of '<SNR>42_Foo'.
> Is there a way to make this change compatible with old 7.3.x?

This change has nothing to do with the change that made function('s:...')
work outside of the plugin which defined this funcref. It was a bug that
got fixed. To workaround it on old vims you should use manually replace s:
with <SNR>N_ when defining funcrefs. AFAIR :h <SID> shows some ways to get
N.

email to vim_dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.