Dan Sanduleac wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed that syntax highlighting inside bash subshells is lacking (comments are not
rendered as such, for instance). Turns out that was because the subshells were parsed as
`shCmdParenRegion` which is for stuff like `cat <<<(one-line command)`. Instead
subshells should be parsed as `shSubSh`.

I've also allowed function definitions to be contained in a shSubSh.

Example to demonstrate:

     myfunction() {
       # This subshell is mistakenly parsed as shCmdParenRegion
       (
         # comments don't render
         # and this function definition isn't parsed as such
         foo() { true; }
       )

       # This was and should still be a shCmdParenRegion
       cat <<<(echo yes)
     }

Hello!

Thank you for the patch and example. The "foo() { true; }" was still not highlighting properly as a function; so I made some additional changes. Please try the attached syntax file.

Regards,
Chip Campbell