On Friday, May 30, 2014 12:01:09 PM UTC-3, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Hi David!
>

> On Fr, 30 Mai 2014, David Fishburn wrote:
>

> > When I press *, I get "star" written, no search performed.
>

> So no problem for you, since you can remap *. Anybody else has that
>
> problem?
>

> Best,
>
> Christian
>
> --
>
> Die Menschen neigen zur falschen Auffassung, daß, da sich alle unsere
>
> mechanischen Apparate so flink vorwärts bewegen, auch das Denken
>
> schneller vor sich geht.
>
>               -- Christopher D. Morley

Hi David and Christian! Thank you for looking into this. I'm using:

    VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled May 2014 21:13:41)
    MS-Windows 64-bit console version
    Included patches: 1-274

which you can get here: http://files.kaoriya.net/vim/ . I also tried it with
GUI version and it doesn't work either.

This is definitely strange. I have no idea why it is not working for me. When I
press * instead of echoing "star" I get "ERROR 348: No string under the cursor"

It is something that has been bothering me for a long time and thought that
maybe someone else could reproduce it but that doesn't seem to be the case.