Am Freitag, 16. Mai 2014 23:01:27 UTC+2 schrieb Charles Campbell:
> Enno wrote:
>
> > This inconsistency is also discussed in the comments of the thread opener on
>

> > http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/135337/how-to-set-up-spell-checking-with-vim
>

> > If set filetype=plaintex, then spell checking in a tex file checks the text
> > in the whole document for spelling errors. (This is, spelling errors are
> > have a curly red underline.)
>

> > If set filetype=latex, then spell checking in a tex file only checks the
> > spelling in comments or erratically in some latex environments.
>

> > This occurs in Gvim 7.4.285 and Windows 7 64 bit.
>

> The problem: avoid spell checking things that should not be spell
>
> checked.  The preamble, for example, largely falls into this category.
>
> Math regions falls into this category.  Etc.
>
> The solution: restrict spell checking to specific things, such as
>
> sections (actually, document, chapter, part, section, subsection,
>
> subsubsection, and others)
>
> User problem: has introduced new commands that are not recognized by
>
> syntax/tex.vim as things that should involve spell checking, and has not
>
> thought of writing after/syntax/tex/... to recognize spell checking in
>
> his/her new zones.
>

> Solution: user should write syntax recognition rules to enable spell
>
> checking in the region(s) of interest.
>

> Regards,
>
> Chip Campbell

Ok, I understand that spell checking is only activated after a keyword, such as
the \section{..} command.

But why is it that \begin{document} does not belong to these keywords? This
disables spell checking for example for letter document classes without any
sectioning.

How to remedy this least intrusively?