On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Danek Duvall <duv...@comfychair.org> wrote:
> Ben Fritz wrote:
>
>> Thanks, that got me further. But the build still fails:
>>
>> OLD_PO_FILE_INPUT=yes gmsgfmt -v -o pl.mo pl.po
>> headerfield `Language-Team' missing in header
>> found 1 fatal errors
>> *** Error code 1
>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `pl.mo'
>
> No idea; that doesn't happen for me.  I'm using GNU gettext 0.16.1, FWIW.

I can't tell what version of gettext I have, in /usr/bin/gettext,
because it isn't respecting any of -v, --version, -h, or --help.

I do have GNU gettext 0.10.35 as "ggettext" but I don't see a way to
override gettext like you showed me with msgfmt.

I looked into the configure script, and found the "--disable-nls"
flag. I'm not sure what this does, but it seemed related to gettext,
so I tried using it.

The build and install both succeeded, and Vim seems to be working as I
need it to.

So what did I cripple by using "--disable-nls"? Did that just remove
the translations or something?