Tomas Janousek wrote:

> On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 06:14:46PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > Patch 7.4.305
> > Problem:    Making 'ttymouse' empty after the xterm version was requested
> >         causes problems. (Elijah Griffin)
> > Solution:   Do not check for DEC mouse sequences when the xterm version was
> >         requested.  Also don't request the xterm version when DEC mouse
> >         was enabled.
> > Files:          src/term.c, src/os_unix.c, src/proto/term.pro, src/globals.h
>
> This patch makes vim stop requesting termresponse altogether if ttymouse is
> explicitly set in .vimrc (in my case to urxvt), which causes some problems
> (https://github.com/kien/ctrlp.vim/issues/579).  Is that intended?

So, if your .vimrc only contains a line to set ttymouse to "urxvt" you
see no request for termresponse?  Or is more required to reproduce this.
Perhaps it also depends on what the default value is that Vim uses?

> Would it perhaps be possible to request xterm version first and only then
> check/enable mouse?

Something like that already happens.  Unfortunately handling all the
exceptions makes it complicated.  And that the terminal mixes what the
user types with these responses is tricky, not understanding a response
means it's used as a command or text.

--
"It's so simple to be wise.  Just think of something stupid to say
and then don't say it."        -- Sam Levenson