Bram Moolenaar wrote:
Charles Campbell wrote:

I find reading the folded lines to be less than ideal, as the extra
spacing required of the "+---"s varies and so lines: doesn't line up.

This patch makes all the +---... prefixes take up 5 spaces (using %-5s,
so it uses padding).  By itself, this makes the folded sections, no
matter how deep, also line up; the patch now pads the beginning of the
folding titles with spaces indicating folding depth (and retaining the
+---- marking).

I find the result to be more quickly legible.
It does look nicer.  The 5 spaces is an arbitrary number, perhaps that
should be an option?  Or perhaps we can use 'numberwidth'?

I see that numberwidth defaults to 4 and its a minimum width. Perhaps I should use numberwidth and similarly use the qty of lines in the buffer (ie. use the number_width() fun ction). I think that re-use of numberwidth would be ok. I'll submit another patch soon (I've written it, but I'm still testing it).

Regards,
Chip