On Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:07:40 AM UTC-7, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Am 2014-09-18 16:12, schrieb Adelar da Silva Queiróz:
> I can reproduce the issue on Windows as well. I think, the
> behaviour depends on how many buffers you have loaded. If the
> output of :ls! causes a scroll, then it will be shown, but if
> the output fits in the cmdwin height, then the :b overwrites
> it. Not sure, how to fix it though.

Christian

Thank you... that is correct.
I forgot to mention:

If cmdheight=2
- 1 buffer does not list, :b overwrites
+ 2 or more buffers will list

If cmdheight=3
- 1 or 2 buffers does not list :b overwrites
+ 3 or more buffers will list

So... in general:
if number of buffers < cmdheight no list, :b overwrites

Bill