On Friday, September 26, 2014 1:40:36 PM UTC-5, v...@googlecode.com wrote:

> What steps will reproduce the problem?
>
> 1. set showbreak=↪ " character show when wrapping line
>
> 2.
>
> 3.
>

> What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
>
> Previously i see the "↪" escape character normally, now (since update i
>
> believe) I get error "E595: contains unprintable or wide character:
>
> showbreak=â~Fª"

Works fine for me, on Windows 64-bit gvim 7.4.430.

The garbage characters when you ask Vim about showbreak is strange.

Did you actually set showbreak interactively, or is it in your .vimrc? If in
your .vimrc, did you inform Vim of the file encoding with the "scriptencoding"
command, prior to setting showbreak? Did you set your "encoding" option prior
to both of these things?