Hi,

Enno schrieb am 02.12.2014 um 10:06:
> Le lundi 1 décembre 2014 20:42:50 UTC+1, v...@googlecode.com a écrit :
>> Comment #3 on issue 290 by chrisbr...@googlemail.com: gVim does not jump to
>> given linennumber if already at end of file
>> https://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=290
>>
>> Vim 7.4 works correctly with +[<number>] here (if no number is given, Vim
>> jumps to the last line number). I cannot reproduce the problem. Does it
>> happen if you start vim -u NONE -N +2
>> ?
>
> Let me provide exact instructions. Create an empty file ~/.gvimrc.light . and
> a file ~/.vimrc.light that reads
>
> set nocompatible
> filetype plugin indent on
> syntax enable
>
> Then create a file ~/file.txt that reads

> Then
>
> gvim --servername GVIM2 +5 file.txt
> gvim --servername GVIM2 --remote-send +1 file.txt
>
> Expected: Cursor is in line 1. Reality: Cursor is in line 5.

independent of the corrections you sent later this will not work. When
you take a look at

  :help --remote-send

you will see that --remote-send is used to send keystrokes to a running
instance of Vim. The following parameter is interpreted as if you typed
the respective keys in Vim by yourself.

In your example one correct command line would be

  gvim --servername GVIM2 --remote-send ":1<cr> file.txt

if you want to use an ex-command.

A different way would be

  gvim --servername GVIM2 --remote-send 1gg file.txt

which uses a normal mode command.

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)