On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:14:14AM +0100, Dominique Pellé wrote:
> In the stack, I see update_screen() being called twice as
> a result of a screen resize event. Maybe that's causing the
> problem.

You might be right. I was running Vim inside Tmux (Ubuntu 14.10)
and it splits the Tmux window to start R. So, the size of the
screen changes while the Vim function StartR() is being executed.
If I run either Vim not in Tmux or GVim, R is started in another
terminal emulator and there is no crash.

> I don't know how to reproduce it.
>
> Can you try to reproduce it after recompiling Vim with the
> address sanitizer (asan)? It's only a matter of compiling
> and linking with -fsanitize=address. It assumes that your
> compiler is recent enough (gcc >= 4.8 or clang >= 3.3?)

With the patch, it crashes and seems to output the same backtrace
of gdb, but I cannot see the first lines, even if I try to scroll
the Tmux pane.

> Please also try to run vim with valgrind (without building with asan)
> It may find other bugs than asan: uninitialized memory accesses
> are not found by asan but they are found by valgrind.

Running vim with valgrind, before the patch, there is no crash.

Thanks!

--
Jakson