> No, send your patches directly to Bram Moolenaar.  Tell him the
> situation of non-contact with gnuplot's old mintainer, too.
> (bram AT moolenaar DOT net)

Thank you for the clarification. I'm about to do that now.

For the future, I've spent a while maintaining a few of my own syntax
files and have learnt from the experiences of other maintainers, but
there are some things that are done very differently. Are there any
resources or collection of advice for those writing and/or maintaining
syntax files?

I use things like `b:current_syntax` and `did_*` variables, and there
is some info and bits of advice in the help files, but there are some
things that aren't mentioned.

Thanks for your kind advice and continued work for the community.

Regards,

Josh.