> I installed Python 3.5 (tried with both 32- and 64-bit versions), but my
> Vim is unable to recognize the version.
> Apparently I would have to recompile the whole Vim to work with any other
> version than Python 3.2.
> Here <http://i.imgur.com/x1O5Sq9.png> are some of the errors I'm
> receiving, all of them basically leading up to Could not load library
> python32.dll, which I don't have because I'm using python35.dll.
>
> This might not be a bug for you guys, but it's 2015 and every other text
> editor I've ever used automatically recognizes and can run any Python
> version I have installed.

Which editors? Some of them use Python as an external executable and use
some IPC method for communication and thus do not require recompiling. Some
are written in Python (which has good backward compatibility inside one
major version) and do not require recompiling as well.

Vim on the other side is *embedding* Python using its C API. It cannot
possibly use any Python version, given that “backward compatibility” here
sometimes means that “we can replace C function with a C macros”. This is
rather unique: even NeoVim prefers to run python as a child process and
communicate with it using sockets, thus being version-independent as long
as neovim module runs on given Python version and implementation.

> I personally think it would be about time for Vim to upgrade its system a
> little, so it wouldn't be necessary for an everyday user to learn how to
> compile Vim and change its Python version.

C API is the fastest way to work with Python. Everything else will be
slower. Also this code is already written.