On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 9:02:24 PM UTC-8, ZyX wrote:
> ​`gq` behaviour is by a &formatexpr and ​&formatprg option values and you may
> use them if you know a program which serves your purposes. `w` and other
> motions can be remapped, same for `J` (in the last case you may manually
> choose between `J` (join with spaces) and `gJ` (join without inserting
> spaces, but also without removing them)). So you can have some minor level of
> convenience by configuring Vim without patching it. But this does not work for
>

> 1. Motions inside “nore” mappings.
> 2. expand('<cword>') and other means of getting word under the cursor (e.g.
> :edit <cword>).
> 3. Behaviour when &linebreak option is set.
> 4. `\<`/`\>`. Though I am unsure that this should be fixed: I always parsed
> this as “place between non-word and word character” and “place between word
> and non-word character”, and not “place where word starts” and “place where
> word ends”. Documentation says about the second interpretation, but I have a
> strong impression (based on wording, actual implementation and the fact that
> this is my interpretation) that author meant the first variant.

Thank you ZyX,
Learning the difference between J and gJ is very helpful

Regarding remapping of w, I do not know how to remap it such that it would move
to the next Thai word.

4. Perhaps an example will clarify the technical description of what I mean
since I am not sure of the difference between the two examples that you give.
:) If I type '*' while sitting on a Thai word, I would expect it to go the next
matching word and not try to match the entire unspaced-phrase. 'diw' should not
delete the entire phrase, but only the Thai word that I am sitting on. etc.

Brian