Charles E Campbell wrote:
> 'James Kolb' via vim_dev wrote:
>> This should already be fixed by patch 897. Are you using patch 897?
>>
> Yes, I was using 7.4.1-963 -- and was still getting a hang.  The
> application being hung was something I use for netrw testing -- and when
> it stopped working, I wasn't sure why, and got back to it later.  I've
> since found that not including patch#866 "solves" the problem, and so am
> now using 7.4 with Included patches: 1-865, 867-963.
>
> I've now swapped 7.4.1-963 back in -- and the problem is not showing up
> with Hang.vim.  However, when I run PchkTry (that app I wrote), it hangs
> (until I use ctrl-c) -- and then Hang subsequently fails afterward
> multiple times.  Unfortunately, then, it appears that Hang.vim isn't
> quite enough to start the problem off.
>
> So, I've attached pchk.  To use it for this case:
>
> gvim tst939
> :PChkTry
>
> That, by itself, should cause the hang.  However, if you ctrl-c out,
> then :q, you should then be able to use Hang.vim to get the hangup.

Sorry about bothering the entire list with this.  I definitely did NOT
intend to spam the list with this.  I didn't even want to release pchk
yet.  I really hate it when people dump vim_dev... on the reply list
when sending me an email -- so any reply I make goes all over the place
unless I happen to notice the reply chain.

Chip Campbell