Hi Christian,

2016/1/24 Sun 4:48:32 UTC+9 Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Hi Ken!
>
> On Fr, 22 Jan 2016, Ken Takata wrote:
>
> > Hi Bram and Christian,

> > > I'm not sure what that means...
> > >
> > > Building the gvim.exe once per day seems about right.  Not sure how to
> > > set that up.  Perhaps some kind of automatic pull on the submodule?
> > >
> > > We could just build on every commit, but I've already seen builds fail
> > > because there are not sufficient resources.
> >
> > Okay, I set up another repository:
> > https://github.com/k-takata/vim-win32-installer
> >
> > This includes the vim/vim repository as a submodule.
> > When a tag is pushed to the vim-win32-installer repository, an appveyor
> > build
> > starts and built packages are uploaded to the release page:
> > https://github.com/k-takata/vim-win32-installer/releases
> > (Not to the release page of vim/vim.)
> >
> > Build history is here:
> > https://ci.appveyor.com/project/k-takata/vim-win32-installer
> >
> > Scripts for appveyor are here:
> > https://github.com/k-takata/vim-win32-installer/blob/master/appveyor.bat
> > https://github.com/k-takata/vim-win32-installer/blob/master/appveyor.yml
> >
> > And here is a (sample) script for updating this repository:
> > https://github.com/k-takata/vim-win32-installer/blob/master/scripts/update-repo.sh
> >
> > If this script is run once per day, gvim.exe will be built once per day.
> > Maybe it's better to run on Christian's server.
> >
> > How about this?
> > And how about creating github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer repository?
>
> Thanks. That is really great!
>
> If Bram creates this sub-repository, I can create the daily upload
> script. However I am not sure yet, how this is supposed to work. Am I
> right, that in theory, we'd only need to run the upate-repo.sh script
> once per day?

Yes, run the update-repo.sh in the following way once per day:

  cd /path/to/local-repository
  ./scripts/update-repo.sh

Or:

  /path/to/local-repository/scripts/update-repo.sh /path/to/local-repository

Of cause, when running the script, the "origin" of git setting must point
the new repository under the vim org.

Regards,
Ken Takata