On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:39:00AM +0100, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Hi Marius!
>
> On Di, 26 Jan 2016, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 08:28:19AM +0100, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> > > Hi Kazunobu!
> > >
> > > Wow. This is great news.
> > >
> > > So I went ahead, updated my local vim tree, applied your patch and
> > > configured:
> > >
> > > ~/vim/src$ ./configure --enable-gui=gtk3 --with-features=huge
> > > [...]
> > > checking for GCC 3 or later... yes

I didn't notice that at first, but this talking about GCC 3, not GTK+ 3
;-)

> > > [...]
> > > But it actually does not build with gui enabled. I must be missing
> > > something.
> > >
> > > auto/config.log wasn't really helpful to find why the gui was not
> > > enabled.
> >
> > Could you pastebin it somewhere?  Here's mine, from a successful build
> > with this patch applied:
> > https://gist.github.com/mgedmin/38fd0d1a10d708206fa3
>
> https://www.256bit.org/~chrisbra/config.log
>
> > > I am probably missing some header files, I just don't know
> > > which ones, and there does not appear to be a libgtk3.0-dev (or similar)
> > > package available on debian.
> >
> > https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libgtk-3-dev
>
> Oh, I searched for libgtk3-dev since the 2 version is called
> libgtk2.0-dev
>
> But see logfile above, gui is still not build.

The log has this:

  configure:8508: checking --enable-gui argument
  configure:8594: result: Sorry, gtk3 GUI is not supported

which looks as if you're trying to build a vim without this patch being
applied?

Marius Gedminas
--
Moore's Law, I need hardly remind a top-notch industry professional like you,
states that as the density of silicon circuitry doubles, the probability of you