Hiya,

On 31/01/2016 11:10, Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:
Hi,

Hopefully, the attached patch fixes the both issues.

Yep, much neater.  Many thanks.

Best regards,
Kazunobu Kuriyama

<mike.willi...@globalgraphics.com
<mailto:mike.willi...@globalgraphics.com>>:

    Hi,

    I have been catching up with latest changes on a BSD system and
    their has been a regression in the build over the last month.  This
    seems to have started with 7.4.994 to replace
    gdk_pixbuf_new_from_inline().

    Two issues

    1) Makefile can no longer be used with BSD make, it requires gmake.
    This would be a new dependency when building on BSD systems.  The
    error message is:

    Using $< in a non-suffix rule context is a GNUmake idiom (Makefile:2651)

    which is the rule for auto/gui_gtk_gresources.h.  There will be the
    same issue for the .c version of the file.  Just need to manually
    expand $< which leads on to the next problem.

    2) Build failure on BSD systems using older versions of gdk-pixbuf.
    The same problem occurs with gmake but the build continues.  For
    these systems GLIB_COMPILE_RESOURCES does not get defined so when
    make runs the rule it attempts to run the arguments to
    glib-compile-resources. For BSD make this results in the following:

    --target=auto/gui_gtk_gresources.h --sourcedir=../pixmaps --generate
    --c-name=gui_gtk --manual-register gui_gtk_res.xml
    /bin/sh: /bin/sh: --: unknown option
    *** Error 1 in src (Makefile:2651 'auto/gui_gtk_gresources.h')

    With gmake:

    target=auto/gui_gtk_gresources.h --sourcedir=../pixmaps --generate
    --c-name=gui_gtk --manual-register gui_gtk_res.xml
    /bin/sh: --sourcedir=../pixmaps: not found
    Makefile:2651: recipe for target 'auto/gui_gtk_gresources.h' failed
    gmake[1]: [auto/gui_gtk_gresources.h] Error 127 (ignored)

    Attached is a diff to fix these issues (overly long lines though),
    but I have not tested with a system with the required version of
    gdk-pixbuf. I also see that running make twice in a row builds
    gui_gtk_x11.c each time, although no code has changed.

    I assume Unix systems with older versions gdk-pixbuf would continue
    work ok with the older API.  If so, then building current VIM on
    them has lost functionality which seems a shame.

    TTFN

    Mike
    --
    I'm discriminating. You're choosy. He's picky.

Mike
--
I'm discriminating. You're choosy. He's picky.