Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Charles E Campbell
> <drc...@campbellfamily.biz> wrote:
>> Bram Moolenaar wrote:

>>> I'm not aware of a known problem.  What is the flaw?
>>>
>> Hello, Bram:
>>
>> With the latest batch of patches I can no longer compile vim without
>> patch#866, so I may be using an out-of-date version of vim for awhile.
>>
>> I ran pchk with the fully updated vim and got the usual hang:
>>
>> I think that the second gvim process (the "remote" gvim process) is
>> probably ok, its just awaiting commands.
>>
>> It seems to be hung in a 50msec delay -- which lasts forever.  FYI -- I
>> used gdb to attach to these two processes.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chip Campbell
> Do you have steps to reproduce? (what to type or click, what happens,
> what you expected)
> When you talk of a "usual" hang it makes me think I lack the necessary
> context to understand what is being talked about.

Well, I hadn't intended this note to go to the entire list, but to Bram
only; my bad.

As far as context: you'll need to get pchk.vim:
http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#PCHK.
Set up a file with the one line:  :PChkSnapshot
Edit that file, run :PChkTry

This process worked before patch#866.  After patch#866, it hangs.

Chip Campbell